Jim began his career at Lindhorst & Dreidame as a law clerk in 1979. Upon his admission to the bar in 1981, he was hired by the firm and has been there ever since. His is a litigation practice. He has represented all the railroads in Cincinnati in FELA, trespasser, crossing and all other litigation. His practice also includes representing parties in products liability, personal injury, wrongful death, class action and toxic exposure cases. He represents real estate brokers and agents in civil litigation and administrative proceedings in Ohio. He also represents trucking companies in litigation throughout the State of Ohio.
Throughout his career, Jim has been called upon to make a rapid response to various accident scenes within hours of the accident to coordinate the investigation and preservation of evidence.
Jim has also been involved in representing commercial and residential construction companies, as well as home owners, in construction disputes.
In his approximately 35 year career, Jim has tried numerous jury trials in the state and federal courts in Kentucky and Ohio, representing both individuals and companies in litigated matters. His extensive trial practice in these jurisdictions makes him uniquely qualified to represent businesses and individuals in litigated matters.
Jim has presented continuing education courses to lawyers on a variety of topics over the years. He was a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association's Grievance Committee for approximately fifteen years assisting the Cincinnati Bar in investigations of lawyers accused of ethical violations.
In his spare time, Jim enjoys being with his wife and children and grandchildren. He also enjoys playing golf and looks forward to the day he can best his wife and sons over 18 holes.
- Cox v. Oliver Machinery Company, 534 N.E.2d 855, 1987, 12th District
- Smelser v. Norfolk Southern Ry. Co., 105 F.3d 299, 1997, 6th Circuit
- Yung v. Raymark, 789 F.2d 299, 1986, 6th Circuit
- Hannah v. Sibcy Cline Realtors, 769 N.E.2d 876, 2001, Ohio Appeals
- Dixon v. CSX Transportation, Inc., 947 F.Supp. 296, 1996, Eastern District of Kentucky
- Motorists Ins. Cos. V. BFI Waste Mgt., 728 N.E.2d 31, 1999, Ohio Appeals
- Young v. Sardinia, 102 Ohio App.3d 797, 1995, Ohio Appeals
- Doyle v. Schott, 65 Ohio App.3d 92, 1999, Court of Appeals
- Maranich v. Bush, 12 District Court of Appeals
- Borger v. CSX Transportation, Inc., 571 F.3d 9559, 2009, Court of Appeals
- Powers v. Myers, 101 Ohio App.3d 504, 1995
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Railroad Trail Counsel, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Best Lawyers in America , 2008 to Present
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Present
- Best Lawyers in America , "Lawyer of the Year" Southwest Ohio Railroad Law, 2015
- Super Lawyers, Present
- Cincinnati Bar Association’s Grievance Committee, Member
- General Civil Litigation
- Negligence and Insurance Law
- Railroad Litigation
- Trucking Litigation
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1981
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.S. - 1975
- M.A. - 1977
- Ohio, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court