Cincinnati Job Discrimination Attorneys
Many people do not complain about issues in the workplace because they are afraid of losing their jobs. It is only when an issue leads to termination of employment that many people contact a lawyer to find out what rights, if any, they have.
At Lindhorst & Dreidame, in Cincinnati, Ohio, our lawyers represent employees in all types of issues involving their employment. We offer a free initial phone consultation to discuss your case and explain what options may be available to you.
The following are examples of the types of issues our attorneys handle:
- Sexual harassment claims
- Discrimination based on age, race, gender, pregnancy, disability, national origin or religion
- Wage and hour disputes
- Misclassification of employees to avoid paying overtime
- Wrongful denial of family or medical leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Whistleblower cases
- Employment agreement disputes
- Noncompete agreement disputes
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Employer retaliation for exercising an employee right
- Wrongful termination
Ohio is an employment-at-will state, which means that unless you have an employment contract, your employer can discharge you at any time and for almost any reason. However, your employer cannot fire you for an illegal reason, such as discrimination or for supporting another employee’s discrimination claim.
Our lawyers handle matters before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, OSHA and all courts having jurisdiction in employment law cases. We handle many employment cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we will not ask you to pay any attorney fees until and unless we recover compensation for you. If we are successful in your case, your employer may be responsible for paying our fees.
Contact An Ohio Lawyer For Sexual Harassment Claims