Cincinnati Probate Administration Lawyers
Serving as the administrator or executor of another person’s estate is an important responsibility. You have been given the task of carrying out the last wishes of a deceased person – which is one of the highest honors one person can bestow upon another. At the same time, if you make a mistake, you could be personally liable.
At Lindhorst & Dreidame, our attorneys advise executors, administrators and trustees in the greater Cincinnati metropolitan area, southwest Ohio and northern Kentucky. We provide complete post-death services, including estate and trust administration, probate and nonprobate transfers, tax planning, and tax return preparation. We also represent executors, administrators and beneficiaries in will contests and other probate litigation.
Some of the steps of probate include:
- Submitting the will to the probate court for approval
- Inventorying the assets of the estate
- Publishing a legal notice of the probate proceeding
- Paying legitimate bills owed to creditors
- Assisting with sales of real estate and other assets
- Distributing assets to beneficiaries
- Filing final state and federal income tax and estate tax returns
- Preparing a final accounting of the estate for the probate court
Not all assets need to go through the probate process before they can be distributed to beneficiaries. For example, life insurance benefits and assets in 401(k) accounts can be distributed directly to the named beneficiaries without involvement or supervision by the court. Our lawyers will advise you of which, if any, assets need to go through probate.
Contact Our Ohio Probate Administration And Litigation Attorneys
For more information, call our Cincinnati probate administration attorneys at 513-223-3967 (866-855-5404 toll-free) or fill out our contact form. We offer a free initial phone consultation.